TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Maps
Timetable of Biblical History
Notes on terminology
Author to Reader
Part I – Myths About the
Myths About the Beginning: An Overview
1. In the beginning everything was tohu and bohu.
2. God initiated Creation with a spoken word.
3. Creation began with the appearance of light.
4. God separated light from darkness on the first day.
5. A firmament arose out of the primeval waters.
6. God called the firmament “heaven.”
7. God gathered the waters in one place.
8. Vegetation appeared before the sun.
9. God created the heavenly bodies.
10. Birds emerged from the primeval waters.
11. God created man and woman in his own image.
12. God created Adam and Eve on the sixth day.
13. God gave man dominion over the creatures.
14. God created earth on the third day.
15. God rested on the seventh day.
16. God rested after the Creation.
17. Heaven and Earth had children.
18. Adam and Eve were the first humans.
19. God formed Adam from the dust of the earth.
20. God planted a Tree of Life and a Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
21. Adam would die if he ate from the Tree of Knowledge.
22. God forbid Adam to eat certain fruit.
23. Eve came from Adam’s Rib.
24. Adam gained wisdom without immortality.
25. There were other beings in the Garden of Eden before Adam and Eve.
26. God planted a garden eastward in Eden.
27. Adam and Eve lived a simple primitive life style while in the Garden of
28. The serpent was more subtle than any beast.
29. God punished Adam and Eve and the serpent.
30. Cain killed Abel.
31. Cain built a city east of Eden.
32. God sent a flood to destroy mankind.
33. Ham was the father of Canaan.
34. Noah released birds to determine if the land had dried off.
35. The Flood occurred in the tenth generation of humanity.
36. All earthly life had become wicked and had to be destroyed.
37. The sons of God married the daughters of man.
38. Noah saved only two of each species.
39. The rain lasted forty days.
40. The Flood covered the entire earth and all the mountains.
41. After the Flood, Noah sacrificed all the clean animals.
42. All living creatures not on the ark perished.
43. God confused the common language of humanity and scattered the people
about the world.
44. The Ark landed on the mountains of Ararat.
45. The sons of Noah formed the nations of the world.
46. Nimrod conquered Babylon.
47. The Sons of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Phut, and Canaan.
Part II – Myths About the Founders
Myths About the Founders: An Overview
48. Abraham came from Ur of the Chaldees.
49. Abraham left Egypt to go to Canaan.
50. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.
51. Lot’s wife turned into a pillar of salt.
52. Lot fathered Ammon and Moab.
53. Abraham pretended that Sarah was his sister.
54. Jacob and Esau fought in the womb.
55. Jacob cheated Esau out of his birthright.
56. Jacob dreamed about a ladder to heaven.
57. Jacob wrestled with a stranger.
58. God changed Jacob’s name to Israel.
59. Esau is Edom.
60. Jacob buried Rachel in Bethlehem.
61. The prince of Shechem raped Dinah.
62. Abraham named his son “He Laughed.”
63. Jacob’s sons became the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
64. Reuben was Jacob’s oldest son.
65. Jacob disqualified Simeon and Levi from leadership.
66. Jacob awarded the sceptre to Judah.
67. Benjamin was born in Canaan.
68. Dan was an Israelite tribe.
69. Jacob gave Joseph a coat of many colors.
70. Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery.
71. Potipher’s wife tried to seduce Joseph.
Part III – Myths About the Heroes
Myths About the Heroes: An Overview
72. Egypt enslaved Israel for 400 years.
73. Jochebed placed the infant Moses in an ark.
74. Pharaoh’s daughter gave Moses a Hebrew name.
75. God sent ten plagues against Egypt.
76. Pharaoh’s army drowned in the Red Sea.
77. Aaron fashioned a golden calf.
78. Moses gave Israel the Ten Commandments.
79. The Ark of the Covenant contained the Ten Commandments.
80. Moses defeated King Sihon of Heshbon.
81. God denied Moses entry into Canaan because he sinned against the Lord.
82. Joshua parted the Jordan.
83. Joshua tumbled the walls of Jericho.
84. Rahab aided the Israelite spies.
85. Joshua ruined Ai.
86. The sun stood still upon Gibeon.
87. Joshua captured Jerusalem.
88. Joshua fought King Jabin of Hazor.
89. Joshua conquered Canaan.
90. Joshua led Israel after the death of Moses.
91. Shamgar was the son of Anath.
92. Deborah rallied Israel against the Canaanites.
93. Samson judged Israel for twenty years.
94. Samson pulled down a Philistine temple.
95. Micah stole silver from his mother.
96. David killed Goliath.
97. King Saul committed suicide.
98. The House of Judah fought the House of Saul at Gibeon.
99. Solomon did not impose forced labor on Israel.
100. Daniel predicted the future.
101. Queen Esther saved the Jews of Persia.